1.10.2017 – 31.3.2021
Regional Council of Ostrobothnia
Interreg Baltic Sea Region
1,6 M €
LARS project helps to find solutions tackling the fragmentation of regional systems of innovation looking for entrepreneurial discoveries within such topics as bio and circular economy, advanced production methods and technologies for energy efficiency.
The global value chains and increased sophistication of production constitute a large challenge for regional development efforts. There is a need to learn and up-grade the level of policy intervention. The regional innovation systems are different but regional actors may learn from each other thru a process of transnational learning and exploit the complementarities.
LARS attempts to help the public sector in leading smart specialisation processes in their regions and to connect innovation networks across regions.
In Päijät-Häme, Grain Cluster innovation processes and related cooperation between different actors are studied.
The project will be implemented in 6 steps:
- Mapping of strategies in order to select the final intervention areas;
- Triple-helix gap analysis with the purpose of finding deficiencies and also good cases of innovation network functioning;
- Matching partners in transfer network based on the “good” and “bad” practices;
- Learning on the transfers, essentially an innovation context analysis;
- Piloting new activities in the regions with the purpose of improving the innovation networks;
- Communicating the findings with a view on the wider implications of the project.
For further information
+358 44 371 9454